© Reuters. Sterling slumps on concerns about May
- Sterling dropped 1% overnight to $1.3064 following weekend reports suggesting 40 MPs had agreed to sign a letter of no confidence in Theresa May.
- Just eight more MPs are required to start a formal leadership challenge.
- The pound has advanced 6.4% against the dollar this year but remains about 12% lower since the U.K. voted to leave the EU in June 2016.
- ETFs: FXB, EWU, GBB, DBUK, FKU, EWUS, DXPS, HEWU, QGBR
- Now read: Official Data Confirm Survey Picture Of U.K. Manufacturing Strength Contrasting With Construction Plight